What's new
What's new

So, should the webmaster create a special "Al Babin" forum or what ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 3,102
D

D. Thomas

Those guys sure are fascinated with that guy "over there" ain't they ?
smile.gif

Maybe a "look out for" aint such a bad idea. Bum equipment, doubtful people. You'd have to be careful and you can't tolerate slander.

Maybe emhpasize that postings will be ruthlessly edited or eliminated altogether. That only facts: "I ordered this gadget and the following was wrong..." "I was the successful bidder on ebay for Joe Blow's mill vise. It wasn't the same as he showed in the ad and he won't refund my money." would be posted.

No heat, just light.

In fact, I had such a forum up for about 1/2 day and then decided to delete it in favor of the "want to make parts?" forum. Once this board gets going I will probably add a machinery dealer tales of woe and sucess forum, but for now I worry that the board format may appear too complex to the newcomers.

It's a good idea to be informed of the "Al Babin" types!
Everyone isn't online all the time to be aware of them, this "Babin" guy especially, he keeps changing his name!
It would be a great service! [:}]

[This message has been edited by bobcat2 (edited 12-30-2000).]

I saw something the other day that looked interesting, and sure enough, it was the famous Al. Started thinking about buying it, that he might just ship the stuff and it would be ok, then thought nope, people tend to be creatures of habit, and the history book appears to have already been written about Al, at least with what I have seen in a short time. Maybe the answer is to get everybody that has been hosed by him to email eBay and complain. Any other suggestions?

Back