What's new
What's new

Pictures of three different follow rests.

bsg

Titanium
Hello All!
These are the photo's of the rests as I received them, check the metalworking drop box for the rest of the photo's. Here's the link.
Thanks.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/

Monarch%2010ee%20Followrests%20%231.jpg

[This message has been edited by Kevin Bucy (edited 02-01-2003).]

I've got one like the middle one, but with the large casting replaced with steel plate (probably the casting was broken and they just wanted to preserve the head).

I've never seen the type on the left - any casting numbers on it?

None that I could find, the rest came from a 10ee at a government auction at the shipyard in Philly.

I think it was possibly ordered for a specific contract but I have no other info for it.

It has what I think are carbide inserts in the fingers, the unit is made from several different components to make up the assembly.

If anybody has any info or literature on this please let me know.

Thanks Kevin.

[This message has been edited by Kevin Bucy (edited 02-02-2003).]

Hi:
I believe I also have the one shown on the left. I seem to recall that mine only has one adjusting knob on top too, so that is a bit confusing. I have to dig it out for another member anyhow, so I'll shoot a more isometric view of it for everyone. Oh, I looked through my literature but haven't found anything on it. I do know three other people that apparently have this rest though (not seen 'em in person)

Alan

(added via editing) I have confirmed that I have the one on the left. It is actually a very nice unit. You can place little teflon rounds in the jaws as a consumable item

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 02-11-2003).]

Back