What's new
What's new

Baileigh Equipment

Mancow

Plastic
What experiences are you guys having with Baileigh. The company I work at purchased a boat load of the stuff. I've done nothing but tear it apart since it came out of the box. Everything from electrical problems to leaking seals. Every machine has loose wires in the electric panel. Unfortunately we purchased it for a new building and it sat in a warehouse just long enough for the warranty to expire. I've heard mostly good about their equipment but I feel like we purchased a bunch of stuff from Harbor Freight. :ack2:

I'm in essentially the same boat. I'm not sure how they or anyone justify the higher prices. It's certainly not machine quality. And it's CERTAINLY not customer service. Everyone I've tried to talk to at Baileigh has either been clueless, rude, or straight up lied to me.
If you want low quality Chinese machines right off the boat with loose everything and terrible support, there are MUCH cheaper ways to go about that end.

My experience with their machines and personal has been quite different. Earlier this year I purchased one of their cold saws that was used hard in a steel fabrication company for 11 years. The machine wasn't treated well and looked extremely rough. It took over 3 months to refurbish it and get it up and running in the shop. It seems extremely accurate and well-built with no loose wiring or leaks.

I've spoken with their parts people on several occasions, and they've always been friendly and knowledgeable.

My experience with their machines and personal has been quite different. Earlier this year I purchased one of their cold saws that was used hard in a steel fabrication company for 11 years. The machine wasn't treated well and looked extremely rough. It took over 3 months to refurbish it and get it up and running in the shop. It seems extremely accurate and well-built with no loose wiring or leaks.

I've spoken with their parts people on several occasions, and they've always been friendly and knowledgeable.

What does that have to do with Baleigh delivering junk machines today?

Baleigh 6 inch belt grinder is absolute junk. Bought it new. Grossly under powered, can easily stall it. premium belts never run accurately, and the adjusting bolt is standard loose chinese threads with a jam nut. The jam nut is a different hex size than the bolt, need two wrenches to adjust. Sometimes it works, sometimes the motor just bogs down and won't even start. Trips the thermal overload. Have to disassemble the starter box to reset it. The suction blower is single phase on a three phase unit. Gotta get creative or run extra power for the blower. No switch provided for the blower either. The material rest is so far out of square, touching on one side, 1/4 inch gap on the other. Makes me know that I'll never even consider a Baleigh product in the future.

Back