Baileigh shop presses - no electric in 50 ton size ?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Coastal Dogpatch, SC, USA
    Posts
    51,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2798
    Likes (Received)
    5614

    Default Baileigh shop presses - no electric in 50 ton size ?

    Is it my imagination or are the Baileigh 50 ton hydraulic presses only available with air assist rather than electric ? The 66 ton electric looks pretty nice but the price jumps way up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Is it my imagination or are the Baileigh 50 ton hydraulic presses only available with air assist rather than electric ? The 66 ton electric looks pretty nice but the price jumps way up.
    Yes the 50 ton (HSP-50A) is an air / hydraulic press that requires 90 psi to operate. The 66 tov (HSP-66M) is electric / hydraulic and is 3 times faster and more of an industrial, production solution.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Coastal Dogpatch, SC, USA
    Posts
    51,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2798
    Likes (Received)
    5614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baileigh inc View Post
    Yes the 50 ton (HSP-50A) is an air / hydraulic press that requires 90 psi to operate. The 66 tov (HSP-66M) is electric / hydraulic and is 3 times faster and more of an industrial, production solution.
    Any chance of posting a video of the HSP-50A that shows ram speed as it approaches the part and then how it sounds as it builds pressure on the part ? I had another make of air hydraulic press many years ago and a bit disappointed in the "clang, clang, clang" noises it made as it built pressure and wonder if yours are quietier and smoother ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Any chance of posting a video of the HSP-50A that shows ram speed as it approaches the part and then how it sounds as it builds pressure on the part ? I had another make of air hydraulic press many years ago and a bit disappointed in the "clang, clang, clang" noises it made as it built pressure and wonder if yours are quietier and smoother ?
    We do not have a 50 ton set up in our showroom, it is the 66M. When we get a 50 tone set up, I will snap a quick video and share it with you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Coastal Dogpatch, SC, USA
    Posts
    51,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2798
    Likes (Received)
    5614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baileigh inc View Post
    We do not have a 50 ton set up in our showroom, it is the 66M. When we get a 50 tone set up, I will snap a quick video and share it with you.
    OK. The 66M looks wonderful but can't justify spending that much for my low use situation.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    OK. The 66M looks wonderful but can't justify spending that much for my low use situation.
    I understand. the air / hydraulic presses are very popular due to price point, but they are painfully slow in production applications. Electric / hydraulics are 3x faster

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Coastal Dogpatch, SC, USA
    Posts
    51,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2798
    Likes (Received)
    5614

    Default

    Maybe I should have got one anyway...was doing a lot of pressing with my 75 ton manual Dake the other day...only using 20 tons or less..but it was sooo sloooww...pump, pump, pump, pump...


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •