What's new
What's new

Baileigh shop presses - no electric in 50 ton size ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Is it my imagination or are the Baileigh 50 ton hydraulic presses only available with air assist rather than electric ? The 66 ton electric looks pretty nice but the price jumps way up.

Is it my imagination or are the Baileigh 50 ton hydraulic presses only available with air assist rather than electric ? The 66 ton electric looks pretty nice but the price jumps way up.

Yes the 50 ton (HSP-50A) is an air / hydraulic press that requires 90 psi to operate. The 66 tov (HSP-66M) is electric / hydraulic and is 3 times faster and more of an industrial, production solution.

Yes the 50 ton (HSP-50A) is an air / hydraulic press that requires 90 psi to operate. The 66 tov (HSP-66M) is electric / hydraulic and is 3 times faster and more of an industrial, production solution.
Any chance of posting a video of the HSP-50A that shows ram speed as it approaches the part and then how it sounds as it builds pressure on the part ? I had another make of air hydraulic press many years ago and a bit disappointed in the "clang, clang, clang" noises it made as it built pressure and wonder if yours are quietier and smoother ?

Any chance of posting a video of the HSP-50A that shows ram speed as it approaches the part and then how it sounds as it builds pressure on the part ? I had another make of air hydraulic press many years ago and a bit disappointed in the "clang, clang, clang" noises it made as it built pressure and wonder if yours are quietier and smoother ?

We do not have a 50 ton set up in our showroom, it is the 66M. When we get a 50 tone set up, I will snap a quick video and share it with you.

We do not have a 50 ton set up in our showroom, it is the 66M. When we get a 50 tone set up, I will snap a quick video and share it with you.
OK. The 66M looks wonderful but can't justify spending that much for my low use situation.

Maybe I should have got one anyway...was doing a lot of pressing with my 75 ton manual Dake the other day...only using 20 tons or less..but it was sooo sloooww...pump, pump, pump, pump...

Back