What's new
What's new

1995 EZ PATH keeps blowing 24volt fuses

RyeGuy1

Plastic
Hi all

My ez path cnc lathe was wired through the built in transformer under tailstock for 240v in and 460 out.
My computer, fan, servo boards all power up but can't clear E-Stop alarm and the fuse # 9 and 10 coming from 24 volt output of control transformer keep blowing.
Anyone have a similar issue when trying to power lathe in a garage with a rpc??
Any feedback would be appreciated.

I dont have any of my schematics on this laptop... but if you are popping the 24VDC... does your EZ Path have a door lock on it? Does it have a light over the workpiece/chuck? I would look over your schematics and if you have those, follow them back to the AUF board and simply bypass those with a jumper to see if either of those are the issue.

What is your measured 24VDC signal?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Jon,

26 volts DC signal goingvto AUF board.
When everything is unplugged from board and when I plug that DC plug in the
fuse 9 and 10 blow immediately??
Is there a way to send schematics to threads on this forum?

Cheers

GPAUF? Can you tell me what exactly type of Path you have? I wanna be able to send you the schematics, but I want to make sure you get the schematics for what you have.

Jon

Jon

It is a 1995 EZ Path 1 cnc lathe.
Would I be getting 26 volts out of the bridge rectifier to the board if the rectifier or capacitor of the power supply circuit were shorted?
Also what is the most common failure on these old boards?
Voltage regulator, transistors or diodes??
Any advice?

Talking to the OEM, the issue is most likely going to be your RPC. Paths and TC's seem to have big issues with RPC's that arent designated for CNC machines. Which leg of power do you have the synthetic leg going to?

And next question, what is your incoming voltage to the transformer and what are you getting out of it?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Back