What's new
What's new

Bridgeport EZ Track Homing issue

tecktinkershop

Plastic
So I just bought a bridgeport ez track that supposedly had the mother board replaced in it right before i got ahold of it. I got the bridgeport software loaded up on it and now I'm trying to get it to home out. So first, it would home the y axis no problem, then it would send the x axis in the negative dirrection until it ran out of travel or until I hit the e stop. I brought up the issue on a facebook forum and several people suggested checking the limit switches. Turns out the x axis switch was stuck closed. So, i got it freed up and working again, hooked everthing back up, and now, it doesn't want to home either axis. It will bump the y axis servo, then it just does nothing. And I can't hit any buttons to even bring the screen back to the home screen, it just freezes. I've never messed with one of these machines before, Does anyone have any suggestions or things I can test?

That doesnt make any sense. All you did was free up the X limit switch?

Check your oil, there is a low oil circuit that will not let the machine home or anything with low oil.

What incoming power do you have? Have you re-tapped your transformer for your incoming voltage? What is your 5/12VDC power looking like? In responde to the 5 and 12VDC question, please dont say "theyre good" because it has quite tight tolerences. What are the voltages out to 2 decimal places?

Jon

Back