Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Alarm, Must Reload Carousel

20180522_105423.jpgI have a Bridgeport VMC 1000 22, DX 32. In the middle of my program, it finished its procedure and was changing to the next tool, the release might have been a little sticky, so it through up the alarm "Must Reload Carousel" So I canceled the alarm, and closed the program, turned my drives back on and rehomed the machine, but every time I try to change a tool, the exact same alarm pops up. So I turned the machine off started from scratch, but constant alarm. Our maintenance men are looking at it but the machine is pretty old. Can anyone point us in a good trouble shooting direction. Followed manual so far no good.
    Last edited by braindead; 05-22-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added Picture

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the same problem and was wondering if you came up with a solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would begin by looking the schematic to ascertain what triggers this alarm. Might be a limit switch or prox sensor was tweaked out of position with the "sticky" change.
    I am not familiar the software in your controller but some will allow you to pull up a diagnostic screen that will show the state of all sensors. Infact if you have such a diagnostic in the SW start there.
    I am relatively proficient at reverse engineering old gear, and would go the above route. PM me if want to bounce around some ideas.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by doug8cat View Post
    I would begin by looking the schematic to ascertain what triggers this alarm. Might be a limit switch or prox sensor was tweaked out of position with the "sticky" change.
    I am not familiar the software in your controller but some will allow you to pull up a diagnostic screen that will show the state of all sensors. Infact if you have such a diagnostic in the SW start there.
    I am relatively proficient at reverse engineering old gear, and would go the above route. PM me if want to bounce around some ideas.
    Thank you I would love to chat about this but I’m not quite sure how to navigate through this site as of yet very well. 203-858-2521 Ron if you wouldn’t mind shooting a text or calling. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Homing the machine and homing the carousel are different. If you go into the... I believe it is the jog screen or perhaps the tool screen on the basic menu, there should be a button for rehome carousel or home tool or something like that.

When you get that error upon normal power up and homing (which during that initial homing sequence it will rehome the carousel) does that error pop up as well?

When you are in the main manu, I believe it is "6" should say like "S___ T___ M___" is that where you are trying to change tool and it keeps popping up?

Are you getting any other alarms?

Jon
    H&W Machine Repair