What's new
What's new

Any one have a V2XT programming manual 1104-2638?

Brian@VersaMil

Stainless
I've had a V2XT sitting in my shop for over eight years, that I've never used because I don't have a programming manual.
Pretty dumb, huh? the basic machine is in great shape. Initially didn't work because the battery in the computer was dead.
I played around with the machine for awhile, and couldn't get it to do anything, and have ignored it ever since. At this point I figure I'm either going
to get this machine figured out, or I'm going to get rid of it. So if I could beg BUY, or talk anyone into making a copy of their manual, I would
gladly PAY for the book! Maybe the book is NOT that great, but maybe it has the information I need to get this mill into a usable state, rather
than a LARGE but highly unuseful shelf.

Brian,

I think I might still have mine. Stopped using it about a month after getting it...
I'll check tonight. Otherwise, I know the Yahoo! Groups site had a few in the files area.

There is a V2XT group over at Yahoo. Just about everything you need (books, program files, etc.) is in the "files" section. You just have to join the group.

Mr bridgeport- well if you do I'd gladly PAY you for it. send me a Pm if you would like. Zahnrad Kopf I'd take up your offer too.

I have people claim good things about Yahoo groups, but either I'm a retard or just a plain computer illiterate guy. Every time I've tried to register for a Yahoo group, it's been a waste of time
There's always something that comes up that makes it so I can't use it. I tried the Omniversal users group a few years back, and decided after that one I was done with
Yahoo groups. I don't even remember what problems I had, but it's been in more than one subject.

So I assume some of you USE your V2XT's. Is it a worthwhile mill to get up and running, or a pain to use? I run a CNC lathe, program in G code right at the lathe, and can write a running program' using g code is just a few minutes.
But it has a fanuc control and is a bit more modern.

Good Evening V2XT Metalheads
I have a V2XT with a mishmash of manuals ,mostly not exactly usable for my machine. YAHOO has some ,but maybe not readable ,or maybe good for your particular machine. I've just recieved a floppy on (store bought) Monday for my machine with FDMC boards. My files got corrupted somehow and I spent 6 months messing around getting the proper replacements. If you want some cheap advice MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR SOFTWARE NOW and stash them . It's a gigantic pain in time and money to get the proper software loaded and the machine running again. Any how I need all the manuals as well for a BOSS 15 as well as the proper G codes. I'm willing to share what I got to get my unit into proper operation. Did I mention I'm a cheap bastard and would rather share and barter instead of paying some scrap yard 400 bucks for a hard drive on Ebay. Seriously 400 for a hard drive! Anyhow I've also ordered but not recieved a flash drive to replace my mechanical hard drive.It cost 17 dollars ,I'll keep my fingers crossed to see if it works out.The floppy drive will also get repaced ,I havent decided on a CD ,SD, USD or what ever gets discovered next week. Good night I'll try and check back in tomorrow.

I'm sorry you don't like the Yahoo V2XT group and don't know when the last time you were on it but I do know it has a very legible copy of the V2XT Maintenance manual, The DX32 programing manual, and the DX32 CNC operator5's manual. I've uploaded them myself within the last year. I would send them directly to you but they are too large to email.

Actually, the programming manual is only 4.4meg and the DX32 Operator's Manual is only 2.8 meg. The Maintenance manual is 12meg zipped. Send me a PM with email address and I can send you the first two and then try the last.

I got those ones and printed some of the pages ,but mine is a BOSS 15 and what was on YAHOO is BOSS 8-10. There are some differences .I've tried BP/Hardinge and the didn't really want to help.I'm also struggling with getting the windows part loaded right nothing seems to follow exactly when I trying to re arrange that area of the software.

prints

I got those ones and printed some of the pages ,but mine is a BOSS 15 and what was on YAHOO is BOSS 8-10. There are some differences .I've tried BP/Hardinge and the didn't really want to help.I'm also struggling with getting the windows part loaded right nothing seems to follow exactly when I trying to re arrange that area of the software.

I have the Boss SX15, anyone have prints and manuals.

Back