What's new
What's new

Anyone have a Tsugami Tspl-1?? ( Hardinge Chucker Clone)

chriszep

Plastic
Hey folks,

Im reviving a thread from the General section over here in the Hardinge/Bridgeport hangout looking for some help.

Ive got a Tsugami TSPL-1 Chucker lathe that is missing a contactor. Unfortunately I have no way to identify the type of contactor that is missing so Im hoping I can find someone out there with one of these machines who would let me know the model number of the MS2L contactor in their machine... If anyones got one, or know someone with one and can help me get in contact with them I would be very thankful!

IMG_2341.jpgIMG_1173.jpg

I would have figured there were more Tsugamis still in use today and this would be a place to find there owners. Phoenix Automatic Machine had 2 and a single Hardinge chucker.
As a last ditch effort if you can not get an machine electrician's recommendation for an equivalent contactor, you could install a AC speed control and pull all that old stuff out except the forward and reverse switch.

i just got a Tsugami SPL1 Chucker lathe, I have the whole manual and electrical diagram maps. Do you still need the contractor information?

Sergiworks, I did send a reply to your PM. I have part of the threading attachment. If you are near San Antonio, you could pick up what I have at no charge, the pieces are just in the way and not worth much as scrap iron.

Not related, but I have a Tsugami chucker, as well as about 5 other lathes.
The Tsugami is so tight and accurate and smooth to use, I could never get
rid of it. Even though I have a Hardinge HLV-H. I really like those
machines.

-Doozer

Back