Anyone have Universal Engineering Kwik Switch 200 Tooling For sale or trade???
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Anyone have Universal Engineering Kwik Switch 200 Tooling For sale or trade???

Hello All! Happy Holidays!....

I have a Bridgeport that I have been slowly going over to make it my "keeper" machine, it originally had a variable speed head on it....

I had another machine for sale with a belt drive J-head and the potential buyer really wanted a variable speed head, so I swapped heads with my "keeper" machine to get the sale.

Now I have a regular J-head belt drive head on the keeper machine. The machine I sold was a later BP with an old cnc retrofit package on it that I removed.

My new head on the keeper has a Kwik Switch 200 spindle on it.

At first I was thinking I would just swap out the spindle for a regular R8 spindle but after doing some digging around the forums the consensus seems to be that it would best to just stick with the Kwik Switch spindle and.........

I got a laundry basket FULL of taper tooling with the cnc BP that I sold.

I assumed that it was for the Kwik Switch spindle so I thought I was good to go.

NOT QUITE.......The taper tooling in the basket turned out to be for another taper, 30 or 40 taper, can't remember right not now.

SO........

I would like to either purchase or trade for Kwik Switch 200 tooling. I see the stuff on ebay, but the selection is not the best at the moment.

I'm looking for

---a collet holder and collets, acura flex type

---maybe some end mill holders

---jacobs tapered drill chuck holders or the full drill chuck

I realize this stuff is pricey and will pay, I would rather buy the stuff as a lot instead of one at a time.

One at a time is fine if any of you guys have this stuff.

For trade, I have tons of R8 tooling, tons of good end mills, tons of lathe tooling, tons of machinist boxes and inspection tooling, even machines!!

I am a hoarder of machinery and all things tooling!!!!

send me a PM if you got anything....

Thanks and Happy Holidays

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Happy holidays to you too. I've some of this tooling for an old cnc that I have, and may still use. But I might have extras, if I could use your memory rather than mine, as mine is filled with all kinds of useful, useless stuff these days,............ie email me at [email protected]..........I will look and see what I have at the shop tomorrow......Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

David,
    Does it have an actual integrated Kwik Switch spindle, or an KS adaptor in a 30 or 40 taper spindle? You may want some of the 'taper' holders around. I won't be divesting any of my KS200, but may be interested in some additional NMTB 40-taper holders.
    Tools 'n Gizmos usually has some KS200 stock, too. (There might be "z"s in the name...)
    Chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post
    David,
    Does it have an actual integrated Kwik Switch spindle, or an KS adaptor in a 30 or 40 taper spindle? You may want some of the 'taper' holders around. I won't be divesting any of my KS200, but may be interested in some additional NMTB 40-taper holders.
    Tools 'n Gizmos usually has some KS200 stock, too. (There might be "z"s in the name...)
    Chip
    I believe it's an integrated spindle---there is no draw bar on the machine and the profile at the end of the spindle is slim with just a kwik switch 200 spring loaded (I think) nut.

The taper tooling is erickson 40 taper stuff. I have a bunch of collet holders for erickson collets.

I'll search for tools and gizmos. Thanks!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have this one you can have for shipping
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tools-004.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by byawor View Post
    I have this one you can have for shipping
    Bob
    I'm sending a PM! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a used 1/2" end mill holder and a new 7/8" threaded boring head holder. I think they would both fit in a small flat rate box. How about $50 bucks shipped?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jkruger View Post
    I have a used 1/2" end mill holder and a new 7/8" threaded boring head holder. I think they would both fit in a small flat rate box. How about $50 bucks shipped?
    Done!

I'm sending a PM now.....

Thanks
    David

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AFAIK, Collis is still selling their brand called "Rapid Switch", which is supposed to be compatible with the Universal Kwik-Switch.
    Tool Holders, Mill Holders, Collets: Collis Toolholder Iowa

Universal was part of DeVlieg which went bankrupt. They still have a website and the holders are still listed in their "current" 2008 catalog.
    http://www.universaldevlieg.com/Univ...atalog2008.pdf
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I purchase the Universal holders and collets from Small Tools :Small Tools New and Used Tooling Of All Kinds

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Universal Quick Switch 30 taper from old Bridgeport

I have 4 holders I would like to sell. mctraps at gmail dot com $75 plus 15 for USPS Priority mail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20160405_124516451.jpg   img_20160405_124335571.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you are still looking for Kwik-Switch 200 I still have a bunch for sale. Meant to put it on ebay but never have. I have both end mill holders and collet holders.
    Bill