What's new
What's new

bijur metering units

KevH

Plastic
I was recently changing 3 FJB0 units to FJB1s
and I tried cleaning the others - degreaser and compressed air. When I looked into the input end of the old units they were packed with fibres - I wasn't sure if this was some kind of filter so didn't want to mess too much. The new units arrived and I noticed they were clear with a brass gauze as a filter, so I made a hook from a paper clip and went about picking out the old units - the pictures shows about 1/2 of what came out of each unit. Is it possible the one shot pump filter is made of felt or similar and this is what has gradually been blocking these up?
DSCF5666.jpg

The fibers are the filter for the unit.
It doesn't take much crud to get past the felt filter and plug the metering unit.
There is a lot of crud in the felt you have picked out.
It is wise to replace the input filter on your pump too, it is probably filled with crud too.

Bill

Last edited:
The fibers are the filter for the unit.
It doesn't much crud to get past the felt filter and plug the metering unit.
There is a lot of crud in the felt you have picked out.
It is wise to replace the input filter on your pump too, it is probably filled with crud too.

Bill

The new units I ordered haven't any fibre filter in them - you can see the brass gauze. Thats why I picked all the fibre out of the old ones - the old ones have gauze filters in them

Back