What's new
What's new

Box of taper drills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littledanny

Plastic
Hello everyone, new guy here, just bought my first mill, a 1 horse 1962 bridgeport j head. The surplus place I bought it from didn't check the space in the stand as it was packed with tooling. A few items i still don't know what they are. Anyways there was a box of about 200 or 300 brand new taper shank drill. All the tapers are different sizes. What do I use to mount these into the mill? I'd assume the collets wouldn't be sufficient? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, new guy here, just bought my first mill, a 1 horse 1962 bridgeport j head. The surplus place I bought it from didn't check the space in the stand as it was packed with tooling. A few items i still don't know what they are. Anyways there was a box of about 200 or 300 brand new taper shank drill. All the tapers are different sizes. What do I use to mount these into the mill? I'd assume the collets wouldn't be sufficient? Thanks in advance.

A holder that fits the spindle nose of your your mill that has a hole of the largest size Morse taper drill you have, if you can find one. You can use different sized holders for the smaller drills or adapters to accommodate the smaller drills in the big one.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back