What's new
What's new

BP 2J Head Clutch Housting

Can'tWeld

Aluminum
Guys what I am looking at is I believe is the clutch housing in the pic.What I would like to know is the small brass pin purpose?Its just barely sticking up,its rounded over.My question is whats the purpose and if it needs to be replace before I put this all back together?Looking in my manual it don't show that little brass pin thats maybe 1/8 dia.Any thoughts please share,thanks guys

Attachments

• BP.jpg
    BP.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 109
Our head rebuilders don't tear it apart that far normally. It looks to be just an alignment pin, but again we rarely go that far with the tear down.

FYI, it can be a PITA to get the wobble out of a head when you get those two pieces apart.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

I think that brass pin in a plug for plugging up the end of the hole where they drilled for oil passages when the part was made. It's located directly over where a hole connects two oil ports below it.

Edit: I actually think these passages are for grease, not oil.

Ted

Our head rebuilders don't tear it apart that far normally. It looks to be just an alignment pin, but again we rarely go that far with the tear down.

FYI, it can be a PITA to get the wobble out of a head when you get those two pieces apart.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Good morning guys,Jon's statement has been bothering me ever since I read it.Thats been my problem all my life creating myself problems.When H&W talks I listen,I have been watching their Youtubes and others on how to disassemble/assemble the upper/lower head.Since I have already took this all apart,what can I do putting it all back together to keep the wobble to a minimum?I'm guessing first thing is to leave the clutch housing little loose on the lower head then put the spindle in and rotate the spindle some so that the clutch housing can kinda center itself on the lower head then tighten down the nuts little at a time rotating the spindle.Maybe?Any thoughts?

Call tomorrow and talk to Barry or Nathan. Nathan is the one who told me about the wobble. They can hook you up.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

800-285-5271

Have you called? If so, please share what you have learned. I've asked questions about floating the head in before and would love to hear what they have suggested. I'm sure I'm not alone on wanting an update...

Thanks,
Ted

Back