What's new
What's new

Bridgeport 6F B help needed.

Johndifunk

Plastic
Hi guys, I bought a Bridgeport 2J2 1976. I bought it from a machine shop who bought it new. The power feed stopped working. So they stopped using it and That's how I got it.

The power feed motor was in terrible shape. I didn't think it was salvageble but I took it to a shop and they rebuilt it for $100. So I was happy. I took the curcuit board to a friend who loves 70's electronics and he checked it all and it's good. Now here's the problem. When i took it apart. I took a bunch of pictures with my phone in order to remember how to put it back together. Well guess what. I lost the phone. And it's been a few months since I took it apart so I do not remember where a couple of those wire goes. I'm good with the motor conections. It's the back of the control plate that gives me trouble. The fuse, the switch, the indicator light. Can anyone by chance have pictures of the wiring on the back of the control plate? I've been looking for a few days online and cannot find anything.

Thank you for you help

John

Come on. Someone must be able to help? That's the last part of my retoration project. And I can't wait to start cutting.

Lemme see if this will post here. There are a few different ways that this can go. Just make sure that if your motor has only 4 wires, you remember that green is NOT ground. Green is only ground, from the motor, if it has 5 wires.

HHhmmmm ok so the file is too big for the page. Lemme try another way.

Ok so ya, I cant figure out how to make it smaller than 19kb. Go ahead and PM me with your email address if you want the diagram and I can email it to you.

An FYI, I only check this once a day, so don't be shocked if I dont respond right away.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Come on. Someone must be able to help?

Let's see you post on a Sunday and want an answer now! Nobody here lost your phone or waited several months to work on it.

Lighten up a little, some of these people, like me, don't spend their entire weekend on the PM board. If you give these guys a chance, you'll get the best answers anywhere. Hard to beat the knowledge base that's on this forum.
JR

Let's see you post on a Sunday and want an answer now! Nobody here lost your phone or waited several months to work on it.

Lighten up a little, some of these people, like me, don't spend their entire weekend on the PM board. If you give these guys a chance, you'll get the best answers anywhere. Hard to beat the knowledge base that's on this forum.
JR

I know. sorry for being so impatient. But it was mostly out of excitement. I've been very busy lately and didn't have much time to work on the mill. And for the first time in a long time, I had this past weekend to work on it. And I spent most of it on a computer looking for answer. So i got into a little bit of a panic. I know I'll get the answer here.

Thanks

John

It feels weird being on here in the afternoon... but ya I hopped on here before I went home to see if he had PMd me and he did, and he now has the schematics.

19kb seems like an awful small file size to be a max limit. Oh well.

As far as that wiring goes, that look pretty normal. I am not a fan of electrical tape, nor of having the power lines wire nutted at all. Purely preference, that is all.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Back