What's new
What's new

Bridgeport BJ2 Varispeed Head

SUPERPOT

Plastic
Hi all, I have an issue with my motor \ switch on my Bridgeport. Basically in high range I switch on in normal direction and its really struggling and tends to trip the contactor inside of the main control box but if I switch it on the opposite way so the motor is in reverse there is no problem. Also if I switch to low range the switch position to normal rotation (which is the same direction as normal rotation in High range) then its fine but if I switch it to the reverse direction it has the same issues and keeps tripping the contactor. Has anyone had this problem and am I thinking correctly in that it seems to be the switch itself or is it likely to be a motor itself problem or even something else?

Any help very much appreciated.....

Hi all, I have an issue with my motor \ switch on my Bridgeport. Basically in high range I switch on in normal direction and its really struggling and tends to trip the contactor inside of the main control box but if I switch it on the opposite way so the motor is in reverse there is no problem. Also if I switch to low range the switch position to normal rotation (which is the same direction as normal rotation in High range) then its fine but if I switch it to the reverse direction it has the same issues and keeps tripping the contactor. Has anyone had this problem and am I thinking correctly in that it seems to be the switch itself or is it likely to be a motor itself problem or even something else?

Any help very much appreciated.....

Replace the drum switch, you have a bad contact in it. Just replaced one on the mill at the race team I work for, exactly the same problem.

Back