What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Boneyard??

labman

Aluminum
I have an older series 2 standard with a J head 1 1/2 HP. The X & Y feed motor is missing. I do not have a manual & don't know the part number. Does anybody have the part number for that motor. better yet, anybody know of any bridgeport boneyards? Thanks.

The motor plate on mine has the following info:

DPM56DG2
Int duty
90 VDC
1.3 HP
3450 RPM

There's some other data, but I have no clue what it is. Some doofus painted over the plate and when the next doofus removed the paint he stripped off the silk screened data titles with it.

I can get the BP part numbers, but I don't think it will do you any good. Hardinge outsourced their customer support back in February to three different outfits. The place I called in St. Louis, a machinery dealer, is completely clueless and can't even contact the factory for help by phone. They have to send in a "support ticket".

Have you checked ebay?

By "feed motor" do you mean a power feed? Those are all over ebay, everything from the high-end "servo" brand to a bunch of chinese knockoffs thereof

A Series II with a J head would be a Series II Special. IIRC, they used either a Framco or Baldor 90VDC high torque motor. BP gets about $2K for a new motor for those feeds. That's why they're gone, somebody sold the motors for about $3K used. If you buy one on Ebone, make sure it's the high torque or it will just overheat.

I don't think that Servo even made a power feed for the Series II.
JR

I know my friend over at Bridgeport Milling Head Repair has them rebuilt sitting on the shelf. He also has the gear, seal, nut and bearing race that goes on it.

203 445 1944

Hes an x Bridgeport guy, he does some of the NICEST rebuild on Bports that I have ever seen, hands down. He has lots of series two parts on the shelf.

Either Alenco machine in Chicago or Vanderziel Machinery in Alto (Grand Rapids) Michigan would be a good bet for obselete parts. They both have a lot of old Bridgeports as well as other machinery.

I have an older series 2 standard with a J head 1 1/2 HP. The X & Y feed motor is missing. I do not have a manual & don't know the part number. Does anybody have the part number for that motor. better yet, anybody know of any bridgeport boneyards? Thanks.
There is a guy in North Carolina who has been rebuilding Bridgeports and other manual machinery for 30 years and if he can't help you nobody can. He has rebuilt my head (and gave me a warranty) 5 years ago and it still runs great. I found him about 6 or 7 years ago when they featured him in an article in American Machinist. The email I have for him is [email protected] The guys name is Tim.

There's a place in Waupaca WI that specializes in used machine tools. This last summer he bought out a place in Milwaukee that had hundreds if not thousands of new and used Bridgeport parts. I've bought lots of NOS parts for an older Siries 1 over the last several years. Give him a try.

Liquidlators Plus, Waupaca, WI

Back