What's new
What's new

Is this a Bridgeport clone?

Muscats

Plastic
Hi everyone,

this is my first post and here I am asking for help. I am looking at getting a vertical mill and found this one for sale, however, I cannot find any info about it. I assume it is a chinese clone and it looks like some of the Bridgeport vertical knee mills I have seen, can anyone help identify what it is a clone of, so I can get some more specs on it. The listing for it states

"Fusandlong Milling machine in good condition
xyz axis on automatic gearbox mill table in great condition and goes up and down automatically few attachments plus vice, machine is on 20amp 3phase power"

I don't put much faith in that info though, given they got the name wrong it should be Fusanlong

here are images including in the listing

mill1.jpg mill2.jpgmill3.jpgmill4.jpg

any help greatly appreciated

Clone, it looks like it is well equipped, 3 power feeds and power drawbar. Comes with some tooling?

More importantly, what the condition, of leadscrews and ways & is head quiet when running. Does power feed work? (for boring holes)

Dont worry to much about the name not being spelled right, maybe they were talking into the computer/phone... or fat fingered the typing on a phone screen... Lots of new tech ways to screw things up :confused:

Its clearly a copy of a bridgeport. It appears to have box ways rather than a bridgeport's dove tail ways but that is no big deal. It fact the base may be more heavy duty than a BP. It will do everything a BP will do but parts may or may not interchange like a true clone. It all comes down to price and condition.

Back