What's new
What's new

Bridgeport / Dazor Machine lights

ajclay

Aluminum
I know I'm my be spending more time than most, but I'm trying to repair a couple of Dazor Lights for my Bridgeport. Replacements are kind of expensive and Dazor Doesn't even make the 1102 (photo below) and the 1103 short arm version anymore.

The new style have a much bulkier lamp shade not the same as the older ones.

I'm trying to find a supplier for the lamp socket. It's a push through switch and has a 3/8 internal pipe thread on the end.. 1/8 and 1/4 pipe thread are common, but it seems the 3/8 may be rare if still made.

Has anyone found parts for these things? I have the adapter on the far right. Just need the complete light socket...

Thanks for the help. AJ

Attachments

• dazor-1102.jpg
    dazor-1102.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,721
  • dazor-1102 b.jpg
    dazor-1102 b.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 908
  • dazor-1102 c.jpg
    dazor-1102 c.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 921
New lower cap needed

I need a complete socket with a new lower cap that takes the lager pipe 3/8 threads.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've repaired a few like you suggested in the past re-using the lower cap...

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to Dazor. It must be special made for their lights and equipment.

thanks, Aj

If you can't re-use the socket base,
then cut the back out of a new socket base
and soft solder in a 3/8npt pipe bushing
or coupling. Seems fairly straight forward
to come up with a piece looking exactly
like your original.

--Doozer

If you can't re-use the socket base,
then cut the back out of a new socket base
and soft solder in a 3/8npt pipe bushing
or coupling. Seems fairly straight forward
to come up with a piece looking exactly
like your original.

--Doozer

Doozer,

Thanks, That is an idea I haven't thought of. I get caught up in trying to find parts and overlook the fact it may be faster to just make a piece to repair. I haven't turned up a lead on buying one that's for sure.

Also I'm in need of a reflector. I know could do the socket repair, but I'm not good enough to make a reflector..

Anybody have one they can part with?

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

aj

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 951
I find that a pair of 4' tube lights, one on each side of the head gives you much better light. The original light is great for burning you and blinding you and always pointing the wrong way.

compact florescent lights

compact florescent lights i use instead of incandescent . they are cooler and last longer. i prefer the flood light type as light is more directional and they are usually tougher from occasional bumping into stuff.
many lamps have problems from hot bulbs and the heat they cause over time damaging lamp socket. many dazor lights are for 50 watt or less bulbs and damage comes from 60 watt or higher bulb use
LED types are made in all shapes now but are still on the expensive side
LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS

For the reflector replacement, why don't you just spray paint the inside of the hood with chrome paint. You can find it in Krylon, Rustolium and Colormatch (in automotive parts stores)

I would suggest avoiding using Compact Florescents in a tasklight for a miller or lathe, the tube is too brittle. Spend the extra few bucks for a LED incandescent replacement bulb, recently picked up a 40 watt equivilent for 10 bucks at Home Depot, and it has survived 3 nose dives by the lamp (one of the pivots had a grease spot in the pivot :wall:) and was only warm to the touch after being on for 3 hours.

Rich C.

For the reflector replacement, why don't you just spray paint the inside of the hood with chrome paint. You can find it in Krylon, Rustolium and Colormatch (in automotive parts stores)

I would suggest avoiding using Compact Florescents in a tasklight for a miller or lathe, the tube is too brittle. Spend the extra few bucks for a LED incandescent replacement bulb, recently picked up a 40 watt equivilent for 10 bucks at Home Depot, and it has survived 3 nose dives by the lamp (one of the pivots had a grease spot in the pivot :wall:) and was only warm to the touch after being on for 3 hours.

Rich C.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.. The new stuff is cooler / nicer, but I'm just stuck in the past. Just trying to save a dollar too. Money has been tight for a good while.

I don't really find the lamps have excessive heat with a reflector installed like it's suppose to be. I don't know why people take them out. Just another mystery to me.

Aj

Hello.

I’m about to fix a Dazor 1103, but when it comes to removing the shade from the bulb mounting, it seems impossible to part the two? I cannot see if there is a thread departing the shade from the socket. I really could use your expertise!

Regards.

Halfdan

Hello.

I’m about to fix a Dazor 1103, but when it comes to removing the shade from the bulb mounting, it seems impossible to part the two? I cannot see if there is a thread departing the shade from the socket. I really could use your expertise!

Regards.

Halfdan

I know this post is old; not sure if you still need help. I'm not sure about the 1103, but the shade on the 1102 is definitely removable, and I'm pretty sure it is on the 1103 as well. But the ring around the hood allows the hood to swivel, so you have to unscrew the hood by holding firmly onto the socket area.

I have a different problem: I can't seem to remove the electrical (bulb socket) from the housing. I don't want to break it. It doesn't seem to unscrew from the base. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.

Does anyone have an extra mounting bracket they can sell? I'm looking for the typical ball mount, angled bracket type that's pretty common on Dazor lamps. Thank you.

Back