What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Discovery TorqCut 22 Question

Slvtenn75

Plastic
I have a TQ22 machine, works great, runs good, but every time the machine is shut down till next day it loses it TOL & Work Offset. Well come in this morning fired up the machine and TOL & Work offset was saved? Any idea why or what it takes to get it to saving every time?

Thanks!

Your's is using the DX-32 type control correct? If I remember correctly (been a couple years since I played with one of these machines), they don't save automatically. There's a "save tools" key that you need to hit before shutting down. Is it not saving even though you hit the key?

it doesn't have save tools key and it says in the book that saves the tool data automatically. I'm not sure but i am thinking battery or something. Hope to find out soon!!

I think tool offset data is stored on an NVRAM Chip located on the TLAUF board. Perhaps the chip is faulty. I would have expected you to be getting "TlChg: NVRAM write error" though.

I've always got great tech. support from the guys at BPTParts.com. I can't recommend them enough. They have everything to keep my old girl running.

Back