What's new
What's new

Bridgeport DX32 programming question

mopar1rules

Plastic
Hi guys, I have a question with the Bridgeport DX32 control. Is it possible to have it read equations in the program code? Like how can I get it to read this:

G1X2.187+.013Y0

When I try and program my Bridgeport Explorer like that, it ignores the equation and will only do the 2.187 or just ignore it and do some movement of .0004". What's up with that? I would like to simply be able to have equations in the program, so when I want to adjust some dimension a little, that I don't have to change the whole dimension to what the sum is of the original and offset/shift over amount. Anyone follow me?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Yes. Look up and download one of the DX32 manuals that google directs you to, then look up 3PL. Basically, it was their own version of a macro language that is actually fairly powerful. Like most of the DX32, much is the same, but there are DX32 specific quirks.

Thanks for the reply. I have the programming manual that came with the machine, but I'm not seeing anywhere in the book where it shows an example of what I'm trying to get the machine to do/read. Also, what is the "3PL" you are talking about?

Back