What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Interact 720 ATC Repair and Clean

num1bryanp

Plastic
Hello All,

The BP's ATC has broken tool holders and springs in need of repair.

The problem is I am not sure how to disassemble the ATC correctly.

I will attach some pictures and a drawing to help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

****************Update*******************************

Disassembled lower portion of ATC today.

0. With the mill turned on, do an M25 to reference the spindle head hight and I also loaded a tool holder in the spindle for reference when putting it back together.

1. *** Then for safety reasons turn off the mill and lockout power. ***

2. If you are like me, the only person on the project set up some catch ropes to hold the parts when they come off.
3. Remove 4 cap screws on the lower cover plate, wiggle back and forth and pry lightly till it falls into your ropes.
4. Lossen ATC lifting air cylinder airlines to allow the assembly to pushed down in its lower position, I blocked it with a stick.
5. Remove 12 screws on the top of the assembly allowing the removal of the two side chain retention plates.
6. In my case, I made reference marks all over it and took lots of pictures.
7. Pick the exposed holder and remove the top and bottom master link clips, be sure to remove bottom side of chain link or it will fly off somewhere.
8. Lift holder up and out of the chain releasing bottom chain, then remove top chain inner master clip and remove master link releasing chain.
9. Unwrap chains from sprockets and let ropes hold it until fully free, low it down and start cleaning and fixing in my case.

Will add some new pictures to next post.

Thanks,
Bryan

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:
I found this thread extremely helpful as i also have a 720x with damaged tool changer segments.

once you were finished with re-assembly did you change the tool change height in the control? wondering is it a macro variable or a machine parameter?

Back