What's new
What's new

Bridgeport interact series 1 with Heidenhain TNC151A control DC3 picture please.

vincent eggleton

Aluminum
I have a Bridgeport interact series 1 with Heidenhain TNC151A control.

I would like a picture of some one else's bridgeport With the DC3(z axis drive)board wires on the bottom. please see picture of placement of board. The wires I would like a picture of will be near the bottom of the machine where some one may need to take the picture from the bottom up. I Like to lay down because this fat guy cant bend.

--------STORY--------
I was in the middle of cutting a part when my Bridgeport stopped traveling along the surface I was cutting But the spindle was still spinning and I needed to flip the switch and hit the break to stop it. (I do not remember if it was an x,y,z move)

Now when I turn the bridgeport on and try to find position when the Z should go up I only get the spider on the screen and the z does not move. I was suspect of the DC3 board because there has been power bumps in my area a few times this last week But when I was taking out the dc3 board there was loose wires and one looks like it may have not been screwed in. I would like to verify the wires are in the correct spot and try my old board and if not I will to swap it out for a replacement. I have some other DC1 and DC2 boards I can swap in. They look to me like they can interchange as long as the compensation board on the DC boards gets replaces by my old compensation board so its still synced.
DC3.jpgboard.jpg0929201508.jpg

MY issue is solved and For any one interested in this or has this issue later.
I had a faulty DC-3 board that was swapped out and I reused the board that was synced to the motor and Its working fine now.

I found one of the number bands on one of the wires had slid down the wire and was not near the connector. The wire placement can be found in the bridgeport series 1 maintenance manual in the wire diagram figure 6-3 on page 6-8 on the bottom in DC3. also figure 9-3 on page 9-4 has a much better picture of where the wires go by wire number. in my case it was wire 147 that was not connected.

If any one ever needs a copy of a page scanned or a quick picture I am more then willing to help. I am in my low 30's and am not scared of posting pics or vids online if any one is in need of help. I try to check my messages here but please feel free to call me at normal work hours im on west coast so PST only please.
Vincent 541-921-8967

Back