What's new

Bridgeport Machine Buy

• Thread starter micobe
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2,057
M

micobe

What has anyone heard? As a former Bridgeport employee, I am interested to hear any news!

What did you do at Bridgeport?
When did Bridgeport start importing castings
if they ever did?

Saw this on either the Hardinge or Bridgeport site, so if you are interested try taking a look there. Essentially Hardinge did not "buy" Bridgeport. What they did is to take over the manufacturing and, I think, marketing of the machines for a certain period of time. I seem to recall it was 3-5 years and then an option for an extension... Hardinge will keep the BPort name, but will add a 'built by Hardinge' sticker to the machine. That type of stuff. Hopefully that will clear some of this up.

As a former employee, did you work at the plant or a field office? I worked out of the Phila, Pa field office as a service rep. Am interested to find out what happened to some of the folks in the plant. I always enjoyed my visits up there. Bill

The Bridgeport UK division is off on it's own. They build very high quality VMC's and such. As a former employee of the company in the service end, I would say, you can't go wrong on one of these machines, and they must be getting a sales and service force set up in the US. I need to check this out myself, I'm a friend of the service manager there. Thanks. Bill

Back