What's new
What's new

Bridgeport parts cross over

Tystick77

Plastic
Will a Bridgeport variable speed plate and sliding housing work on a Alliant RT2? There is a $100 difference on the sliding housing alone. Thank you for your help, Ty

Tystick, I know you have asked the question numerous times - since no one has answered, I would guess none of us knows the answer - haven't had occasion to try. Best bet would be to find a used BP plate and see if it fits - or (to repeat what I said in answer to your post on a thread I started) you might repair your current plate as shown here: http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...-2j2-speed-adjustment-plate-okay-weld-338817/

In the case of Webb at least, the difference is in metric versus Imperial. When I was refurbishing my Webb, I tried some used BP parts from eBay and soon discovered that, although they looked alike and performed the same function, they would not fit. I had to buy new parts from Webb.

If Alliant is metric, I suspect that the OP will have the same issue.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm just going to order the Bridgeport and find out the hard way. It's the route I'm familiar with. lol

Back