What's new
What's new

BridgePort to Pc Connection

gixer

Plastic
Hi this has probably been asked before but can someone help me with connecting my BP series 1 MKll to my pc which the OS is windows XP Pro 64bit when i try to send from the Mill it says (EXT IN-/OUTPUT NOT READY.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

You need to list the control to get help

It is a Heidenhain

Do you have a serial port or a USB emulator

Do you have remontpc? It has to be on and ready to send or receive before pushing the button on the machine

I have successfully run a cheap emulator on a little XP notebook. I have the emulator, adapter 9-25 pin, connection box with jumpers[I believe it is 'null modem' and may not actually be required] then 25 pin cable

Cheers for the reply
It is a Heidenhain YES IT IS A 150.

Do you have a serial port YES IT IS A SERIAL PORT.

Do you have remontpc NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS.

I have a 25pin to 9 pin adapter then a 9 pin serial cable
and i run Hyperterminal.
hope this is a bit more help.

Cheers for the reply
It is a Heidenhain YES IT IS A 150.

Do you have a serial port YES IT IS A SERIAL PORT.

Do you have remontpc NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS.

I have a 25pin to 9 pin adapter then a 9 pin serial cable
and i run Hyperterminal.
hope this is a bit more help.

Then either download remontpc from heidenhain website or get the settings correct in hyperterminal

from memory, someone help me out....

2400 baud, 1 stop bit, even parity, no flow control

Baud, stp, parity... that brings back a lot of memories trying to hook up anything to an older computer.

I`ve changed now to windows 10 and installed TNCremon which puts up an error no responce from TNC so i think it might be the cable so i`ll sort another cable and try that.

fire up tncremo

start tncserver within it

change the settings so that the baud rate is correct

connect the cable if it isnt

write a little program in the machine

set the software to receive and start

try to send the program

Hi i`ve tried different options and still can`t get them to communicate with each other is there a certain pin out on the serial cable it shows a few different types in the Tnc software would anyone know which is the correct one for the TNC150 cheers.

I`ve checked my cable and that seems to be ok if i try to establish connection it comes up with No Response from TNC is there anyway i can check the serial at the Tnc.

In the old days, with 25 pin RS232 connectors (PC serial data), there were handshaking lines RTS and CTS, and possibly another (memory shorting out...). In more recent times, the communications chips became more sophisticated and these lines are generally not necessary. It is standard practice these days to only have 3 lines connected between the serial ports: a Ground wire, A Data IN wire, and a Data OUT wire. If you hook up an old device to a modern computer, the computer may not be using the old handshaking lines by default, while the external device may require them. A cable between the device and the computer may have the lines connected to the pins, but if the handshaking protocols are necessary but not enabled, then the external device will not be able to respond.

What I am describing is a generic issue for serial communications. I have no direct knowledge if this applies to your situation, but if the Heidenhain box is old, it very well might. If you can find a manual for the Heidenhain box there is a chance that it will show the serial port output terminals. If so, check if RTS, CTS, and any other handshaking lines are mentioned. If they ARE, you may have to find a way to enable them on the PC that you are using to communicate with it.

Hope it helps. Best wishes,
Michael

OK cheers i`ll have to look into it i use to do a lot with serial over 25 years ago but can`t really remember much of it now.

Is it possible the software for the tnc has got corrupt as it just keeps saying EXT IN-/OUTPUT NOT READY i tried a loopback test and that was the same result.

Hi iv`e finally got the PC communicating with the TNC 150 the problem i have now is when i send a program from the pc to the TNC nothing appears on the TNC screen but if i send a program from the TNC to the PC it sends ok and saves it to the PC any help would be appreciated .All so does anyone know how to setup the drip feed.
Cheers

Ok, so you know your baud rate etc is correct

What program did you end up using?

If it is TNCremot and it is just hanging, try different import routines.

read in program offered or read in all programs

there is a certain order of doing things that is not obvious but which makes a difference
also send the program you just exported to make sure it is a good program

OK i think i`ve sorted it now i can upload and download all the programs i have in the TNC.The program i was trying to upload was in the wrong code i think, can i convert programs i do with fusion 360 to upload to the TNC.
Cheers for your help so far.

OK so i have another problem now.I can download & upload programs that are on my mill But i can`t upload any programs i make on fusion360 i`ve tried different versions of HeidenHain if i do it in ISO i can see it uploading from the PC server but thats it nothing on the mills TNC if i try it in another format eg (.i .h )i don`t see anything appear it just shows <ETX> on the server screen.Anyone got any ideas.

I`ve found out with some digging i can`t Dripfeed on my Tnc 150b because my parameters only go upto MP214 is there anyway i can upgrade the eprom to another version to accept drip feed.

Back