What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Right Angle attachment

SUPERPOT

Plastic
Hi everyone. I have been looking into getting a right angle attachment and / or quillmaster for my 1979 BJ2 machine.
It may sound a crazy question but has anyone thought of making their own attachment up and does anyone know if drawings are available of the attachment?

There were a lot of aftermarket attachments also. I would think it would take too much time vrs, just finding one.
What I did many years ago, was buy a broken one and brazed it, it has always worked, or worked as one of those can.
There are two or three bolts, one spreads the top so it will slip on the quill, the other one maybe two locks it on.
Now, if the spread screw is not backed off when the gizmo is in place, and the lock screw tightened, the casting can crack.
Anyway, a broken one is much cheaper. Perhaps use the internals.

Good pot in Spain...…….

Hi everyone. I have been looking into getting a right angle attachment and / or quillmaster for my 1979 BJ2 machine.
It may sound a crazy question but has anyone thought of making their own attachment up and does anyone know if drawings are available of the attachment?

Been done if you just want to piss-way scarce time. Otherwise, more than a few have been made commercially, BirdPort's as common as they are. Cheaper to JF buy one.

Even if it isn't what you consider "cheap", the "hard stuff" having been already DONE it will turn out to be.

:)

Hello,

I understand Superpot's question. I would also like to have a right angle attachment. I always run into 2 small problems: I have a ISO30 and not an R8 and in europe they are not that easy to find, secondly shipping one from the states to europe isn't for free either..........

Back