Bridgeport Series 1 refit- need help!
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bridgeport Series 1 refit- need help!

Hallo from Austria!

I bought an old bridgeport series 1 about two years ago, now the refit will soon be done.

My son disassembled the mill but lost interest,so I have to reassemble it. Because I'm not a machinist, it's hard for me to do.
    Therefore I'm very thankful, if you will help me trough this job.
    Actually I have the problem to identify the part below.
    Maybe its a piece of the X-axis power feed, because it was in the box with power feed parts, but can't find where it fits.
    part02.jpg part04.jpg

Also I need help wiring the X-axis power feed, because the only I know is shown on the pictures below.
    Where to connect the brown and red wire in the control cabinet. I think it's the lowest contactor, is this right?
    dscn2614.jpg control_cabinet02.jpg control_cabinet03.jpg

So that's it for the moment, when installing the leadscrews and gibs, maybe some more questions will appear.

Thanks in advance and Greetings from Austria - not the country where the kangaroos come from

Rudolf

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What you have by the looks of it is a UK manufactured Bridgeport with the standard control box mounted on the side of the machine
    I can not help you with the first question as it does not look like anything that came out of my machine.
    With regard to wiring the power X axis the brown box in the bottom of the cabinet is the control system for this and it looks as though all the approximately 10 wires have been disconnected and removed from the cabinet.
    With regard to the two wires (brown and red) where do they come from? as I said there should be some 10 wires going into the connector block on the brown box. So please do not connect it into any contactors just yet.
    We will need more information to help you further
    And I thought Austria was where Mozart came from!!

David Wright

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello again,

thank you for the quick reply.
    On the photos below you can see, where the brown and red wire comes from. This terminal block must be connected to the connector block on the bottom with label Ershine, right?

control_cabinet03.jpg dscn2619.jpg dscn2622.jpg

I think the label on the red and brown wire means "contactor 4, terminal 3 and 13. Is this an option?
    Unfortunately I did not find a wiring diagram for my mill, although I have all manuals I could find on the net.

I hope you can understand my dilettante english and know what I mean.

And yes, Mozart was one of our greatest sons

Greetings
    Rudolf

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

electrics-sheet-1-left.jpgelectrics-sheet-1-right.jpgelectrics-sheet-2-left.jpgelectrics-sheet-2-right.jpg
    Yes it would seem from the attached wiring diagrams that those two wires are the 110v supply for the drive and they can go to anywhere there is a 110v supply.
    I am hoping that the wiring diagrams are attached ,but you never know with computers. These are the wiring diagrams for the machine as a whole not for the Erskine board - the diagram for this seems to be unobtainable - so if it does not work you are on your own I am afraid

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you David,

you made my day. These are the diagrams I was searching for. Now I think I can get along with the job.

Thankfully
    Rudolf