What's new
What's new

bridgeport series 2

TIM NICKOL

Plastic
looking for info on bridgeport series 2 feed motors. i purchased a series 2 with no z motor i found used one but believe brush setting needs to be advanced as it is way slow going up. would like to know if anyone knows proper way to adjust them.thank you.
IMG_0299.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures of your mill would be good. Are you talking about the Z power downfeed motor or the knee motor?

Jon
Thought I said Z but may have forgotten I also had to replace X-Y but it only runs one direction Z reverses and I read somewhere that you advance brush plate to make motor pull more one way (up) but don't know proper procedure. I would put amp meter on it and adjust to shy of full load if I had any idea what full load is. I paid 1750.00 for 3 used motors plus seals, bearings etc. for the 2 I am using and would prefer not to burn one up. Would post pics but have to figure out how. Thanks.

Thought I said Z but may have forgotten I also had to replace X-Y but it only runs one direction Z reverses and I read somewhere that you advance brush plate to make motor pull more one way (up) but don't know proper procedure. I would put amp meter on it and adjust to shy of full load if I had any idea what full load is. I paid 1750.00 for 3 used motors plus seals, bearings etc. for the 2 I am using and would prefer not to burn one up. Would post pics but have to figure out how. Thanks.

There are several different drive motor models available.

Bridgeport also had there own knee drive that was there own design that had software limits. If these aren't set correctly, the motor will not run in the limited direction.

WE NEED PICTURES.

I don't know how to put pictures up however if you look at ebay #163529382064 its nearly identical z motors right behind emergency kill switch x-y is around corner to the right. They are bridgeport part # 1-63-0138 and are dc 90 volt but know idea of amps.

/Users/jordanvandyke/Desktop/IMG_0294.jpeg
/Users/jordanvandyke/Desktop/IMG_0299.jpeg
/Users/jordanvandyke/Desktop/IMG_0300.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 85
Got Jordan at shop across the street to put pics up that brush plate not quite like motors I bought but you can see how its slotted to advance.

I guess I should have assumed if pictures were needed you didn't even know what a series 2 even looked like and probably couldn't help me anyway.

There are many different types of Bridgeports, and just by saying Series II doesnt necessarily tell us what is on your machine. Series II Bridgeports came with 6F/8F powerfeeds, manual, peerless winsmith motors... and then you could get into whether its a Series II EZ Trak or a Series II rigid ram.

When we ask for things, its for a reason.

Me specifically asking for the quill or knee is that both are considered "Z" axis, so you could have been talking about the power down feed on the head or the knee. At that point, it could have been an air assist knee or the peerless winsmith. For the record, you have peerless winsmith motors. They are the same motor between the two, so you could swap between the knee and X/Y to see if the problem follows the motor or stays on the Z.

You are not starting off well on here, posting like this. Your last post will make people not want to help you at all.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

I guess I should have assumed if pictures were needed you didn't even know what a series 2 even looked like and probably couldn't help me anyway.

You came asking for help, and proceeded to be a cocksucker to a responding member.
[video]https://media1.tenor.com/images/3c9a7f5f6a81913ff222e5ef7184d82f/tenor.gif[/video]

Attachments

• imout.jpg
    imout.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 53
i see there has been quite a few views on this and if anyone can use this what i finally did since i could not find any info on motors was advance brushes until it lifted the knee with table centered and saddle centered over screw everything clean and oiled at advertised rate of 12" per minute.probably not the correct way but all i had.

Back