What's new
What's new

Aftermarket Power Feed for Series 2

jackalope

Titanium
I’ve been doing some searching and have come up short here. Looking for an aftermarket powerfeed for a series2 Bridgeport. All original drive components removed. Only interested in my question about aftermarket power feeds. Thanks
Edit: it is a regular Series II base and column. This is not a Series II Special for all intents and purposes related to the post. It is modified but that is of no importance to the post.
I’d also be open if someone has done some modifications to make an aftermarket powerfeed work.

Last edited:
I’ve been doing some searching and have come up short here. Looking for an aftermarket powerfeed for a series2 Bridgeport. All original drive components removed. Only interested in my question about aftermarket power feeds. Thanks
Edit: it is a regular Series II base and column. This is not a Series II Special for all intents and purposes related to the post. It is modified but that is of no importance to the post.
I’d also be open if someone has done some modifications to make an aftermarket powerfeed work.

I have 3 servo's, totally reliable unlike the china copies.

So what you are saying is that the servo powerfeeds you have are designed to work with the Series II Bridgeport??? Wanting to clarify. I have not been successful in finding any info suggesting there are compatible ones. Thanks.

Abarnesly, I thought you hit the jackpot and saw it. Then the post right after yours shows it no longer available🥴
I’ll have to figure something out. Not pressing but definitely want power feed on X. Never had a machine without it and certainly don’t want a 58” table without it.

Lyman made a power feed that was advertised as having very repeatable disconnect. Also had a power take off for rotary tables. It did fit some Bridgeport models. Series II, I do not know.

I looked around and found mine. Series is " Mark 4". It is virtually unused and stored in a plastic bag. Power take off items are unused and packed in original boxes. At the time it was purchased I owned an old Bridgeport and the Santec bed mill that I still have. It did fit one of them.

Abarnesly, I thought you hit the jackpot and saw it. Then the post right after yours shows it no longer available🥴
I’ll have to figure something out. Not pressing but definitely want power feed on X. Never had a machine without it and certainly don’t want a 58” table without it.

No, not obsolete. The link shows the Type 150 as available - that is the one recommended for the X axis, which you say is the one you're looking for. The obsolete one is the Turbo Drive - that one is only recommended for the knee up/down.

No, not obsolete. The link shows the Type 150 as available - that is the one recommended for the X axis, which you say is the one you're looking for. The obsolete one is the Turbo Drive - that one is only recommended for the knee up/down.

eKretz, your right, read it wrong, reading comprehension was never my strong suit!:confused:

Kevin

Back