What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Series 2 Riser Dimensions?

bsg

Titanium
I have riser that I believe is for a Bridgeport Series 2?

I don’t have a machine that I can measure the bolt pattern.....anyone have a picture or dimensions of the series 2 bolt pattern?

Another question, does the 4 hp. Series 2 and the series 2 special share the same bolt pattern for the turret?

I looked online and haven’t been able to come up with anything!

Any help would be appreciated!

Kevin

Yes, the bolt hole pattern for a Series II and Series II Special are the same. The turret on a Series II Special is different from a Series I turret, but the II and II Spacial have the same pattern.

Jon

Yes, the bolt hole pattern for a Series II and Series II Special are the same. The turret on a Series II Special is different from a Series I turret, but the II and II Spacial have the same pattern.

Jon

Thanks Jon!

Do you happen to have any dimensions or pictures/literature to help identify this riser?

I will post pictures later, will see if that helps with the identification?

Kevin

I have two Series II Specials here that have 6" risers. Since the risers are on the machines it's difficult to get measurements without removing them. But from what I can measure the 5/8 dia. bolt holes appear to be 9.25 between centers front to back and about 10.25 right to left. If time permits in a few days I may try to remove one to get a detailed layout of one if you still need it by then. The spider is code number 2-15-0008 according to the manual.

I have two Series II Specials here that have 6" risers. Since the risers are on the machines it's difficult to get measurements without removing them. But from what I can measure the 5/8 dia. bolt holes appear to be 9.25 between centers front to back and about 10.25 right to left. If time permits in a few days I may try to remove one to get a detailed layout of one if you still need it by then. The spider is code number 2-15-0008 according to the manual.

That’s great info!

Thanks for the offer, but don’t bother taking the turret off, if you could take a measurement of the circumference of the riser, I think that would be all I need!

Thanks again everyone!

Kevin

Looks like 55" on the circumference. Also it looks like I may be off on the holes a bit. If you need those I can recheck tomorrow.

Looks like 55" on the circumference. Also it looks like I may be off on the holes a bit. If you need those I can recheck tomorrow.

Thanks for the dimensions, the diameter matches, 17.5 and the bolt pattern matches what I have!

Looks like this is in fact a Series II riser!

Thanks again!

Kevin
IMG_3299.jpg

Thanks for the dimensions, the diameter matches, 17.5 and the bolt pattern matches what I have!

Looks like this is in fact a Series II riser!

Thanks again!

Kevin
View attachment 260898

Just an update to this thread if someone is looking for a riser in the future?

I can confirm that this is a riser for a series II special, unsure if it fits the 4hp or rigid ram models?
I was able to lift a turret/ram assembly off a series II special and confirm the dimensions, one thing to note, unlike other 6" risers, you have to use longer threaded studs, there's no provision for a second spider?
The ones that were in the machine were grade 8 and had Loctite on the threads!

This is also sold now!

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Kevin

Back