Bridgeport Tru-Trace Mill - Just bought...worth?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bridgeport Tru-Trace Mill - Just bought...worth?

So while looking for a manual Bridgeport, I came across this tracer mill at auction. I hope I gave a decent price for it, but I am clueless on what these are worth. I never knew about them till I stumbled across this one and everything I read about tracers has me excited at the possibilities.
    I stumbled across a thread here about someone finding a tracer on Craig's list for $1500 from a decade ago The pictures show a rough machine that only seams to have a Bridgeport J-head but a different knee

fa049b4fcb1e13ce537e69b1cead6dd6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These seem to be showing up locally, my brother bought one in great shape that has two step pulley heads, he wants to use one of the heads on another machine, but play around with the tracer function. I have no idea what they are worth, but likely no more then the milling head, or heads mounted on them.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agreed, not worth much more than what the J-head is worth. I sold one of those about 2yrs ago for little more than scrap price.

Had it for sale on Craigslist & other places for a while with no interest. Needed it gone ASAP so I slashed the price. Guy bought it thinking he was going to convert to manual. I told him that it has no screws to attach handles to. He told me he new what he was doing. Great! Get it out of here! I wonder how that project turned out.