What's new
What's new

Bridgeport V2XT axis fault

69fordgt

Plastic
I'm having an issue with my V2XT DX32. I was using the jog dial to move close to the positive limit on the Y axis and contacted the switch which stopped travel and set a limit fault. The switch failed to make up again when I got away from it and had to be replaced. I am no longer showing a limit fault but now at startup it goes to an axis fault as soon as I press 7 to engage the axis drives. The contact to engage the drives pulls in and drops back out within a second. Is there some reset that I need to do to clear the fault or has anybody seen this happen? It was working fine until the limit switch contact.

Make sure that you wired it in correctly. It probably was wired normally closed. You could make the switch and see if the drives will engage, then re-wire switch.

Make sure that you wired it in correctly. It probably was wired normally closed. You could make the switch and see if the drives will engage, then re-wire switch.

It is wired correctly and my axis limit went away. Now it shows "NOT HOMED" on X, Y, and Z. The power for the contact set that pulls in and drops out is supplied from what I would call a break out board (might not be the correct name)that has several fuses (all good)with 2 red lights about centered on it. One of the lights is solid on and the other flashes slowly. I don't know if they will help me but I think I've located a guy with the manuals that went to the machine. The contact that drops out does not have heaters or overloads on it. There is only one contact that does have an overload and it isn't tripped.

Did you ever solve this axis fault problem? I am having the exact same issue on my v2xt. Showing axis fault as soon as I hit 7 to enable axis drives. Any info would be appreciated

Did you ever solve this axis fault problem? I am having the exact same issue on my v2xt. Showing axis fault as soon as I hit 7 to enable axis drives. Any info would be appreciated

Electro Mechanical Integrators can probably sort it out over the phone, you will have to give them a credit card number. They sorted me out a few times. Now the BOSS control is history and I have a Centroid control, Million x better.

Sorry. I haven't checked in a while. Yes I did. My Z axis card was bad. I lifted the error wire on eash card until the error went away. It will still not run like this but it does show the bad card. I got a replacement card and it worked fine. I just got another problem with it. I somehow switched the feed from IPM to MMPM. I don't know how I did it. I can get it back to IPM in the system settings and save it but, it reverts back to MMPM as soon as I load a program. I added a G70 in the first line of the program and the feed then goes to IPM but it doesn't track right. Also the manual says it will stay in the last feed rate it was operated in but, that is not correct. and help would be appreciated.

Back