What's new
What's new

Bridgeport V2XT to Centroid

artracing

Plastic
I am at a point where I need to do more complex parts and need more user friendly program. Can anyone tell me about the Centroid M400 retro fit on VTXT and what it can do?
Does it only import DXF? I had a customer give me a IGES file.
Is there a translator for that?
Should I use my old servo motors?

I appreciate your put before I pull the trigger to buy it.

Rob

I am at a point where I need to do more complex parts and need more user friendly program. Can anyone tell me about the Centroid M400 retro fit on VTXT and what it can do?
Does it only import DXF? I had a customer give me a IGES file.
Is there a translator for that?
Should I use my old servo motors?

I appreciate your put before I pull the trigger to buy it.

Rob

I have a V2xT with a M400. I did the conversion myself, The only electrical parts I reused were the spindle drive motor and the limit switches. Mine had the sem motors, I was happy to get rid of them. The Centroid has the most user friendly conversational programing I have ever used, Lots of canned cycles, thread milling, pocketing drilling, peck, deep hole, bolt circle, etc. You need to create a post with a cam program to use an iges file. No big deal. Over all the conversion was the best thing I could have done, The Iron was in great condition, all it needed was a good control. Where are you located? If you want I can get you the ph. number for the dealer / installer I used. PM your ph # If you want to talk about it.

Moonlight-

What did you dislike about the SEM motors? I have a brain-dead V2XT that I plan on converting to Centroid, and from a cost standpoint, I'm planning on keeping the SEMs.

Moonlight-

What did you dislike about the SEM motors? I have a brain-dead V2XT that I plan on converting to Centroid, and from a cost standpoint, I'm planning on keeping the SEMs.

I had nothing but trouble with the SEM motors. Only one place in the US will work on them and they are way proud of their work. The encoders are on the motors and are not serviceable on their own. No parts are available. The time it takes to get your motor back depends on how you sent it to them! If you Fed Ex next day that big lump they get right on it! Ground ship it and you get it back when ever they get to it. Then they clip you about 600.00 every time. My Centroid motors have been flawless.

I bought the whole deal and never look back.
V2XT is history.
Best money I spent in long time.

It was the best thing I ever did with my V2xT. That boss control was JUNK. The Centroid is for sure the easiest to program control around.
My only complaint is the cutter comp and intercon. I struggle with it all the time with contour. It seems to have a mind of its own.
I got a example from centroid to follow and there are alway something that happens that I have to find the way around. Must be me.
I remember the Bridgeport, as, you turned it on and made a move in space and go cutting.
Centroid is like you can't do this or do that, and you always have to use the same pattern.Etc.
Then repeat depth, comp has to be turned off and do same reentry each time. Very counter productive. Then if you hand edit intercon wipes it out.
Anyway, it still huge improvement over the v2xt

Centroid M400 best thing that ever happened to my BP i dd the conversion and they sent a tech to calibrate Perfect intercon is great would not hesitate to recommend also get the digitizer worth ts weight in gold

What are you guys doing with the old DX32 control parts? If they're dumpster bound, I'll take 'em!

I made a deal with EMI to sell the whole control, motors and my spare motors. After I bought the Centroid the b-stards would only pay 1/2 the agreed on price. Beware. It was costing about 6 - 800 a month to keep it running. so by the time they bought it it had a new mother board, axis drive boards and a mess of other parts. The final straw was they said I needed to get new cables, drive to motors......1000.00 each!!!!

EMI called and left a message they were interested in cards. Last year. I called three times.
I still have cards. Make me offer.

Back