What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Veriscope?

rsiminski

Aluminum
Hey guys,
When I bought my Bridgeport a few years ago it had a very primitive DRO on it which I have never seen on a mill before. It basically is a box that mounts on the x and y axis and has an illuminated display screen on it with reading similar to a micrometer. It has Bridgeport veriscope wrote on the control box. Can anyone give me info on this attachment. It seems to work. I just don't know what I should do with it since I have a new DRO on it. Is there any value in it?

Thanks, Russ

When I was an apprentice 45+ years ago, our Bridgeports had this system mounted. It used glass scales with a projection system; readout on a ground glass screen. It was a two-axis system (X and Y).

Worked quite well. Not as convenient as a DRO, however.

The only documentation I've seen for this is a three-page addendum to a 1966 Operator's Manual that I downloaded from the web.

I extracted the addendum as a stand-alone PDF (~160 kbytes) and put it on one of my sites so you can download it:
BridgeportManual1966_OpticalSystem.pdf

- Leigh

Leigh,
Thanks for the info. I figured someone here had to know something about it. If there is anyone that would be interested in this system let me know. I would rather give it away to someone rather than throwing it out.

Thanks, Russ

Russ
Never heard of that system. Maybe you should look for one on Ebay to see if they are worth something. Never know some folks like old stuff especially if it works.
If not I may be interested, all I have are dials.
Ernie F.

Back