What's new
What's new

Bridgeport VS Sharpe X axis lead screw interchange

JohnEvans

Titanium
I have a new X axis Sharpe lead screw ,measures right at 60.5 OA. Needs a new home too long for my 42" table BP. Anyone know for sure if it will interchange with a BP screw?? JR ?
TIA ,John

John,
I don't have a clue, but.....
Check the OD on the screw when you have a chance. I'm hoping that Jon from H&W will see this when he stumbles in Monday morning. Besides the BP rebuilding, they sell Sharp. Barry should know either way. If it only fits Sharp, maybe he'd make you an offer on it.
JR

Cool JR . This was in a dark corner at Moore Tool,found it when we were cleaning out the place. Asked Moore and he said at one time he was doing CNC conversions on Sharpe's .Well just measured the OD 1.260 which is 32 MM on the nose. So don't think it would fit a BP.Jon may know.

Last edited:
@JR This morning wasnt so much of a stumble because of bourbon(shockingly lol), in tearing apart that WB Knight base, I am more sore than I have been in a LONG time...

Anways...

Of the 2 LMV sharp screws that I put new Bridgeport nuts on, one of them was so tight that it wouldnt even get one thread on. The second screw threaded just fine into the nuts. Barry said that in theory, Sharp screws are "inch and a quarter 20" just like a Bridgeport. The biggest issue he said you would have would be the table brackets. But if you are just gonna be turning it down, it looks as if (from my quick and 100% scientific expirement) you have a 50% chance of it working lol

Thats where we have our sharp screws from too. I mean we have a stock of new screws, but I was looking at our stack of screws we have taken off of machines when putting MillPWR's on them.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Back