What's new

Bridgeport wiring

• Thread starter RReynolds
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1,984
R

RReynolds

i have recently purchased a series 2 from canada and it is wired for 575 volts.Tere is a terminal strip in the electrical enclosure with 230 volt and 440 volt and 575 volt.Caan I just make this change to get to 230 or is there more?

If there is a wiring diagram on the motor showing the 220/440 termination, this should be all you need.

Yea, just rewire the motor, smoke em up. Rewire the motor but change the main transformer wiring to for the control circuitry. I don't have a wiring diagram at my house, they are all at my shop, going from memery here. You also need to change the heaters in the overload, and the fuses to. Should be an electrical schematic in the back door. Love when people do this without checking, had 2 of them this week. Made some nice money setting it strait. Bill

You gotta love it when someone lets the "magic smoke" out of an electrical device and then comes to you with that puppy dog look saying I can't emagine what went wrong. It could'nt of been anything I did, it must be bad from the factory.

Charles

Charles, gotta let you in on a little known secret. Every electrical device ever made goes through one last process. I tell you this in the utmost confidence that you will not pass it on. Right after the device goes through testing, it passes into the smoke injection department. This is to let the less well informed know that the component has failed. Even an inexperianced person knows that when the smoke leaks out, it's cooked. Remember, that's our little secret. Bill

Back