What's new
What's new

Can anyone identify this quick change collet type?

Alphonse

Aluminum
nikkenHolder.JPGI recently got at an auction an older [60's-70's??] NIKKEN R8 collet holder w/ a few collets I went to the LYDEX-NIKEN tool site but there are a mess of collet holder/collet types.! Herre's some pics...NIKKEN.jpgNIKK.jpg

IT SEEMS TO BE THE KM SERIES collet , as per the NIKKEN site...but the collets shown in catalog DO NOT have the locking groove at he end as mine does?

That's not the "locking groove" the groove is there so that the sides of the collet flex on the smaller diameter one. If you look at the drawing on the KM and NK collets, one side will show the groove, and the other does not.
JR

That's not the "locking groove" the groove is there so that the sides of the collet flex on the smaller diameter one. If you look at the drawing on the KM and NK collets, one side will show the groove, and the other does not.
JR

Thanks...but are collets exactly like mine available? The KM & NK look different,

HELP again...I finaly got a chance to measure the collets I do have. They measure .875 "7/8" on the O.D. The only ones sold by several sites are either 11/4 . 1" & 3/4" no 7/8". Am I SOL? I used the the set I do have and it is great to switch out drills/mills ect. Just want to get more sizes to make set more usable.

HELP again...I finaly got a chance to measure the collets I do have. They measure .875 "7/8" on the O.D. The only ones sold by several sites are either 11/4 . 1" & 3/4" no 7/8". Am I SOL? I used the the set I do have and it is great to switch out drills/mills ect. Just want to get more sizes to make set more usable.

You could always make what you need. They wouldn't necessarily need to be hardened. 4140PH should work.

Back