What's new
What's new

Clausing 17 x 60 engine lathe , oil pump location and servicing.

machineshaft

Plastic
My lathe stopped pumping oil the other day when I was using it. Does anyone know / have any advice on locating and servicing the oil pump on this machine?

Its a 1760 , 8000 series and have never had a bit of trouble until now.

Thanks in advance.

Remove the end cover where the drive belts are. There is a smaller belt that drives the oil pump. It also has an idler pulley for takeup. Should be obvious where it is by following the belt. It is very low in the leg under the headstock.

oil pump is driven off the end of the clutch shaft

mounted right behind the chuck

oil tank is under the coolant tank

After the manual showed up I spent some time troubleshooting and am pretty sure the oil pump has an internal issue. I tried to get it to prime made sure there were no line restrictions all the levels were were they needed to be ect...

Has anyone had one of these oil pumps out of the machine? there are 3 bolts in the pump housing and it appears to be setting in a bore just by looking at it.

I didnt want to take anything apart until I consulted the experts.

Thanks in advance

After the manual showed up I spent some time troubleshooting and am pretty sure the oil pump has an internal issue. I tried to get it to prime made sure there were no line restrictions all the levels were were they needed to be ect...

Has anyone had one of these oil pumps out of the machine? there are 3 bolts in the pump housing and it appears to be setting in a bore just by looking at it.

I didnt want to take anything apart until I consulted the experts.

Thanks in advance

Hi Machineshaft,
I have the same problem with my Colchester 17, did you ever resolve oil pump issue?

Back