Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The dog teeth definitely broke off that hub. . The bull gear normally comes out as an assembly. The assembly comes out by first removing the Hi/Lo shifter pinion (that whole pinion pulls out with the knob attached. The pinion is what holds the bull gear assembly in there.

Of course the bull gear assembly may be rusted in there, but make sure you have the Hi/Lo shifter out first.

Perhaps the dog teeth broke off by beating out the drawbar? If you had to really wack the drawbar out from the spindle end, I could see that possibly breaking the dog teeth off, if that's where the drawbar was seized.

That's a really great offer from Barry at H&W. I'd take him up on it. He could probably explain things really well, and could disassemble these machines in his sleep.

2. Likes HWElecRepair liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will definitely take Barry up on his offer. I will try and call on monday(next off day). I followed his video step by step. The hi-low came out super easy and has been out from the beginning. I am definitely a perfectionist. I have lubed everything for weeks at a time to avoid breaking anything. This was the first part I broke besides a taper pin on the powerfeed, which I had to drill out. Since then the lip to the bearing sleeve has come off in places. This area has been soaking with either transmission fluid, pb blaster, evaporust, and a krud kutter rust product for over a week. The splined gear hub and the spindle are stuck together. They move up and down with eachother. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if Monday the 18th is a Holiday for H & W or not. Looks like you are moving right along with this project, and doing it correctly.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We dont celebrate many holidays, and Barry is always available for tech support. We will be at the shop on Monday.

Jon

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HWElecRepair View Post
    We dont celebrate many holidays, and Barry is always available for tech support. We will be at the shop on Monday.

Jon
    I forgot all about the holiday. Good to know you will be there. I plan on sending Barry a video before I call, so he can see where I'm at. Hopefully it will make it easier to understand when I call.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DanLinsch View Post
    Looks like you are moving right along with this project, and doing it correctly.Dan
    I'm trying, this part of the mill has been the toughest part yet. I had to work away from home most of last year, so I figured I better get with it while I'm still able to be home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

@Adam Barry has seen the videos and is pretty sure he knows whats going on with it. He explained it to me, but I understood it about as well as when I explain electronics stuff to him lol

Jon

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HWElecRepair View Post
    @Adam Barry has seen the videos and is pretty sure he knows whats going on with it. He explained it to me, but I understood it about as well as when I explain electronics stuff to him lol

Jon
    I talked to Barry this morning. Thank you for your help.

10. Likes HWElecRepair liked this post