What's new
What's new

cobra 42 with fanuc21t repeat program

smp4616

Plastic
Hi, I'm programming a job and would like to repeat the program but offset the workshift by a set amount each time, is there a quick way to do that? I'm still a bit new to this lathe. I'd like to get about 4-5 parts out of a bar before I need to rechuck it. I'd use the auto collet and bar puller but the stock is 3.25OD

tried to delete this post as I found the answer going through the controller manual. if anyone searches for this topic in the future, the answer is using the G10 command, and the W word to incrementally change the workshift. i.e. G10 P0 X0 W0.5

But I think if you use G52, that would be a better answer. Using G10 has the potential of losing your starting point, especially if your cycle is interrupted.

But I think if you use G52, that would be a better answer. Using G10 has the potential of losing your starting point, especially if your cycle is interrupted.

thanks, I didn't see that in the manual for the lathe, I'll look into it and if the 21t supports it

quick follow-up, will the repeat option just continue to repeat the program that's running or can I program it to repeat x number of times? or will I need to write a program that calls my whole program as a sub?

If I understand your set up correctly, you hang say 6 inches out of the chuck, cut a one inch part off the bar, repeat until the bar is gone, then pull the bar back out?
You can do it a number of ways. You can make your own bar pulling tool and set it in one of your turret locations. You could program in incremental, move to x,z start. Repeat program. If you wanted to save space you could make it a sub program. You could also write a macro to loop x amount of times, use "IF THEN" statements to avoid running into the chuck for safety. Lots of ways you could do it.

Back