What's new
What's new

Problem with tool change vmc-1020

Fiscoman

Plastic
Hi,

we have a Hartford vmc-1020, which I have understood, is some kind of Breidgeport clone. That's why I posted this in here.
Problem is a weak cylinder of a tool clamp/unclamp, i.e cylinder that presses the drawbar don't press hard enough. The push rod stops when it hits the drawbar and the drawbar wot'n move a bit.
All o-rings (except 2 lowest) are new and there are no leaks in cylinder (tested by sinking under water while air pressure on).
Air pressure shouln't be a problem, cylinder is tested by pressure over 7 bar.
Working move is not instant after pressing the change button, but there is like one second delay before cylinder presses, and I'm pretty sure that's not right way to work.
If I put 2 lowest o-rings new (mutually where air blow comes), moving is jumpy (2 steps) like those o-rings presses too much :confused:
Any ideas?
By the way, the air blow won't work either. It's relay won't get even control signal. Could those problems be interrelate?

Help needed :bawling:

Thanks mates, but none of your guesses weren't right.
Solution of my problem would had been obvious, if I only would know how that cylinder works.
None of you didn't ask if there is oil at "Spindle Lubricator Cup", there weren't.

That tool changing works just fine now :D, and I'm pretty sure I'll get that air blow repaired too.

Fiscoman

Do you still have access to this machine? I need all parameters to conduct a tool change and set G54. Your help is appreciated!

I am on the hunt for some parameters and I am taking every avenue I must to hopefully catch somebodys attention to help me get the parameters I need.

Back