What's new
What's new

Ericson Quick change 30 Loccknut and spanner numbers and sources

housedad

Aluminum
Erickson Quick change 30 Locknut and spanner numbers and sources

I have been looking around the web for a while looking for a Erickson Quick change locknut and spanner wrench. I thought I'd share this adventure.

I think I found them still available at not quite a choking price. I ordered them from MSC. As it gets here I'll update and let you know if they are the correct parts. The nut is supposedly in stock and the wrench is a drop ship. The wrench will take a couple of weeks according to MSC.

Erickson 30QC Locknut

Erickson QC30QCLN (obsolete)
Bridgeport (hardinge) LOCKNUT ASSY #30 QC BP 11570801 $450.00 Amazon price $350.00 & free Shipping
Kennametal - 1065089 (available through MSC only. MSC Part #: 65000648 ) $215.96

Erickson 30QC Spanner Wrench

Erickson - 1026671 - Rotary Tool Holder Hardware | Type: Spanner Wrench (available through MSC) (Erickson)Mfr Part #: 1026671 MSC Part #: 84956226 $66.13

Ok, The Lock Nut is here. It is the same one as the original. It is the full assembly. I havn't been able to get mine to work as the button head dog tip screw is missing. The other two standard button head screws are there.
Interestingly, the bag it was in was marked with the Erickson part Number but still in a MSC marked bag. The markings are: KMT SPARE PART -QC30CLN QC LOCKNUT, the MSC part number, 1065089, another bar code label on it has the numbers 65000648 114, the MSC part number, and the KMT spare part statement.

Anyway, with all that and the pictures below, Hopefully it will help anyone else looking to buy a new nut in the future.

133308-dscn0140-resize.jpg

133309-dscn0144-resize.jpg

My OEM Nut on the left for comparison

133311-dscn0149-resize.JPG

133310-dscn0146-resize.JPG

Whenever the spanner gets here, I'll post what I find.

The wrench came this morning. It is the correct one for a QC30 nut. It came drop ship from Kennametal. The Part numbers on the bag are HSW30QC and 1026671. The wrench has "KENNAMETAL INC HSW30QC" cast into it. It looks identical in all other respects to the pictures on the web of the Erickson wrench. Tthis thread is a reference for anyone in the future looking for these parts.

Anyway, here are the pics.

133488-dscn0154-resize.JPG

133487-dscn0153-resize.JPG

133486-dscn0150-resize.JPG

Thank you very much!

I just ordered one of each.

Now, when you say this:

I havn't been able to get mine to work as the button head dog tip screw is missing.

are you referring to your pre-existing QC30 lock nut or to the new replacement received from MSC? The replacement one does come with the screws, yes?

My original QC Lock nut was missing the dog tip screw. The new one comes complete with all screws. Just put it on, adjust and go.

Now my problem is to get the old screws out ... they are all hopelessly rounded out. Since I have the new ones, I might wind up just chucking up an ez-out in the cordless drill ...

Thanks again for the information on this. I would never have found those MSC part numbers on my own!

Glad to hear it all helped. I don't want to bugger up the screws on the new nut. I noticed that I need to be careful to put the spanner as far up as possible on the nut to keep from having them under the spanner. That will mash the heads in fairly quickly and ruin them. The two screws that were still on the nut were peened over badly and I had to use micro chisels (for steel, not wood) to open them up again. I have the chisels left over from my days as a gunsmith.

When putting the new nut on, how do you know how far up to set it? I've got it to where I think a tool won't come loose, but ... I'd like to be sure that it's right before I load up a tool holder.

(In the end, I had to drill the tops of the screws and use an easy out - the screws weren't the original ones, and the holes were all different sizes, and quite rounded out.)

I made an inquiry to Kennametal about the screws. They basically say to take standard screws and make your own. They do not stock them as a separate item. The person at Kennametal did try to give me any information they have, so it should be simple. As far as the button head dog point screw, I'll have to measure the new one I have it so others that read this post can make a proper one. The Kennemetal part numbers for the screws are 1025267,1025243 and 1025242. But that doesn't do us much good.

This is from Kennametal:

"This lock nut has 1 special screw mm# 1025267 (Modified button head socket cap screw 10-32) and then 2 of a different type of screw (10-32 x 0.141) that are not sold separately as standard. Maybe as custom solutions item (or made to order) but the price and delivery time are greater (S-1607 Det 14 /Drawing 249611-14).

The Morse taper quick change adapter MT4QC30231 is obsolete, but the lock nut assembly (QC30QCLN) is still a good part number and active that you can purchase.

Best Regards,

Customer Application Support

(T) 800-835-3668

(F) 724-539-6830

[email protected]
Kennametal Inc. | 1662 MacMillan Park Drive | Fort Mill, SC 29707 |"

Last edited:
Erickson QC30 Files..

Needed those screws and drive keys for my QC30QCLN. Chatted with support and he sent me these if it helps anyone. He said these screws and drive keys can be ordered from sales directly. The short screw dimensions are on the drawing in the REF., although I don't see grade or the length of the modified one. I'll go with A .141 length.
Waiting for reply from service for parts.
He couldn't share the Drive Key PDF but sent me this photo drawing. He would share any missing dimensions I may need.
The PDF's he sent are too big to upload so I took screen shots.
3 different P/N for the screws but the only difference between 2 of them (1/8" long) is the coating.

QC30QCLN spindle nut.jpg
QC30 spindle dog.jpg
drive key.jpg

Back