What's new
What's new

Ez track DX2 Z axis

fullboremike

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

Ive read alot of your posts...thank you. However I still have this problem.
So while moving my Z axis from its zero position it does not move accurately. And does not come back to the initial zero. i have tried cleaning and nothing. Another weird o thing is sometimes when my x axis moves I can watch the Z axis dro move...not a little ALOT and no exact change just very erratic.
Any ideas?
Thank you!

Cleaned what?

What is your 5/12VDC signal? (and dont say "its good" thats not a helpful answer)

Sounds like your motor is either not properly mounted, tuned, or you have power issues.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Okay first off, this is a ez track dx2. meaning it is a two axis cnc with a manual z axis (quill), there is a absolute zero ii glass scale mounted to the z axis. i have cleaned the glass scale and the reader head. I have also verified tha the dial in of the scale to the quill travel is zero. This issue just started to happen. I have no manuals on the scale and reader head install.

Is it mechanical problem with the quill or the scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it is not reading accurately and not repeating...

I would like to, again, ask what your 5 and 12VDC signal? The question is important to answer. Your scale runs off of 5VDC signal and if your power is bad, why chase issues you dont need to?

If your scale is properly mounted and aligned (flat and parallel within 10 thou) and you are not reading accurately, we have to verify that your signal is within specs. Could be reader head or glass. Both of those are obsolete and can be replaced with a 000475 which I think is about $400 or so.

Jon

First check it at the computer power supply. Should be on the left hand side of your cabinet. Has a bunch of black, red, and yellow wires coming out of it. Black to red is 5VDC and black to yellow is 12.

Jon

I had the same problem with my ProtoTrak. The horizontal set screw that is exposed when the quill is extended, had come loose and allowed the nut at the end of the quill to loosen, eliminating the quill bearings preload.

The two lower spindle bearings(class 7) and the spacers, along with the upper bearing are retained on the spindle with a nut that had a locking tab. It’s this nut and spacers that sets the preload.
The spindle nose piece keeps the spindle in the quill, although the outer races fit tight enough that a bit of force is needed to get the spindle out, I wouldn’t think it would just fall out, but possibly could move under load if the nose piece was loose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back