Finally bought a J Head Bridgeport! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am working on my next parts list and I have a question about the parts for the spindle oiling.

There is a felt washer at the top of the spindle that the oil cup drips onto.
    In barry's video at around 3:45, you see the part in question, but he cuts away and it is not called out.

You see the part better in this video at 14:47.

I do not see that part called out in the Bridgeport breakdown of the quill housing.
    Quill Housing Assembly

Any advice regarding name or part#?

Also, I found my 1st "major" missing part - the reverse trip ball lever is completely missing - Item 147. Strange thing is that my feed seemed to be working fine.

Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

1164 - Felt Washer

1435 - Quill Washer Head Screw

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Likes HWElecRepair, acrosteve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't really tell from this pic, but is my trip handle bent?

Here is mine. There is a slight catch when moving the cam rod in and out, and I started investigating. I wonder if the ball on the end is supposed to be angled like mine is.
    20190512_110255.jpg

From the wear pattern on the handle, I think I can just clean up the base of the ball with a file to eliminate the interference.

Also, what actually holds the quill skirt down when the quill moves up and down? I have the tabs on the skirt down, so that the washer head screws catch them on the way down, but on the way up, the friction of the quill raises the skirt up out of the housing as the quill moves up.
    FYI, I do not yet have the spindle back in the quill. Neither is the cradle, but I don't really see anything else that would stop the skirt other than the cradle itself.

Thanks