What's new
What's new

German Made "Grand" R8 Collets

mikeyjones

Aluminum
I'm looking through a bunch of tools I've acquired recently from my grandpa and see a bunch of R8 collets stamped with "Grand" and "Germany" on them.

I'm having trouble digging up anything online, so turning to the experts here.

Are these anything special? I have a ton of other collets I was already using so these are kind of surplus for me.

Grand Tool Supply (GTS marked tools) was also known as Tool Importers Inc. (TII marked tools) and Quad Machinery and they are in New Jersey. I used to buy a lot of good stuff from their printed catalogs in the 1980's. They sold a lot of German tooling. The name still exists, at the same old address.

http://www.grandtool.com/

Google Maps

Larry

I'm looking through a bunch of tools I've acquired recently from my grandpa and see a bunch of R8 collets stamped with "Grand" and "Germany" on them.

I'm having trouble digging up anything online, so turning to the experts here.

Are these anything special? I have a ton of other collets I was already using so these are kind of surplus for me.

I have a four position indexing tool post suitable for a bench lathe with the GRAND label.

It is a jewel. Smooth solid and repeats just fine. It is fitted to the Wade 94 more often than the KDK100.

Compared to modern stuff, I would put a high value on the GRAND name. But not if the collets are beat and twisted ;-)

Back