What's new
What's new

GS 51 Error Code EX1070 - TURRET NOT IN POSITION UNCLAMP

RStratts

Plastic
Hey everyone, hopefully someone here can direct me on how to fix the issue I've been having.

So I just attempted to manually index the turret on my GS51, but failed to realize how far out some of my tools were and one of them hit the part. The turret decoupled and started throwing error codes EX1001 and EX1070. The machine has a Fanuc 0i-TD controller.

I've tried a power cycle and I can currently spin the turret freely by hand, but when I go to index or move it, it doesn't allow me to since it is in an error state.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am on a bit of a time crunch to get some parts done at the moment.

Thanks

Hey everyone, hopefully someone here can direct me on how to fix the issue I've been having.

So I just attempted to manually index the turret on my GS51, but failed to realize how far out some of my tools were and one of them hit the part. The turret decoupled and started throwing error codes EX1001 and EX1070. The machine has a Fanuc 0i-TD controller.

I've tried a power cycle and I can currently spin the turret freely by hand, but when I go to index or move it, it doesn't allow me to since it is in an error state.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am on a bit of a time crunch to get some parts done at the moment.

Thanks

Not familiar with that machine...I had a similar issue with a Doosan a few weeks back. i am also not a machine repair guy. I was able to move it off of the "oops" but could not get the turret to index.In my case as best I recall, I could not spin the turret by hand when powered up ....my assumption was the turret was being clamped but not in the correct position. I powered it down....after 3 or 4 minutes I was able to rotate the turret by hand to the approximate spot I thought it should be and then powered up and it "found" the exact spot and clunked into place.
I may have just gotten lucky because the guy hadnt crashed it that bad,,,,just enough to error the machine and estop itself.

Good luck

Look in the Machine Tool Builder Manual
There should be a procedure to unclamp turret and re-establish tool station #1
Each builder has there own procedure

Good Luck,
Brandon

Back