What's new
What's new

Hardinge ASM-5C lathe-need electrical diagram

Steven Nielsen

Plastic
For my ASM-5C lathe, I've got the Operating Manual, the Maintenance Manual, and the Parts List. The electrical panel door storage slot is empty. Any advice on where to find an electrical diagram? I've got a problem: When the rear slide is programmed to come in, the turret should wait until the rear slide starts back before the turret comes in but the rear slide and turret come in together. The front slide operates as it should. I suppose the DSM-A works the same as the older ASM-5C in this regard so any experience or advice from an DSM-A user would be valuable.

Thanks for the solace. My understanding is the Hardinge ASM-5C is an automated version of the venerable DSM-59 manual turret lathe and ASM stands for automatic screw machine and the 5C, well, you know, the 5C spindle/collet standard. Improvements were made to the ASM and the next model was the DSM-A. I have no idea what the "D" in DSM-A stands for. I am able to use my ASM now, but run the risk of a tool collision some day because the rear slide and turret come out together when it should be one after the other.

I saw your post back in May but could not find my diagram.

I have it now if you still need it.

It is not in the best condition but, it is usable.

Is there any way you still have the wiring diagram I could really use it my asm wont start and am struggling to get it running again

Back