What's new
What's new

Hardinge CHNC 1 - 6000 Emergency Stop

TripleCautionMW

Plastic
Hi Guys, I’ve done some digging around and can’t seem to find any posts on successfully clearing a “6000 EMERGENCY STOP” error on a Siemens 810 controlled CHNC. I just got this lathe powered up, fluids topped off and air run to the machine. Upon initial power up I attempted to reference the machine and no luck. Under my NC Alarm page I have the “6000 EMERGENCY STOP” error. Under the PLC Alarm page I have the following errors;
6000 EMERGENCY STOP
6002 AXES NOT ENABLED
6011 AXIS DRIVE FAULT
6012 SPINDLE DRIVE FAULT
6004 COLLET LOSS OF AIR
6001 LOSS OF MAIN AIR PRESSURE
6016 LUBE SYSTEM FAILURE

This machine last ran about a year ago and has been moved twice since then. Looking for anyone that may have a clue about these machines as the manual doesn’t reference any 6000 series error codes for troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.

-Jon

Emergency switch not letting go electrically? Emergency reset not working? Lube system on our GT sometimes has to be manually operated a couple of times to get the air out of the system to get the pressure up. No clue about the Siemens system. You may try running a parallel thread in the CNC section, I think you will more likely to find the answer there.

Emergency switch not letting go electrically? Emergency reset not working? Lube system on our GT sometimes has to be manually operated a couple of times to get the air out of the system to get the pressure up. No clue about the Siemens system. You may try running a parallel thread in the CNC section, I think you will more likely to find the answer there.

It seems that my air compressor can’t keep up with the volume of air required which I knew would likely be an issue. I plan on making an investment in a new unit soon I just need to decide if I want to listen to a piston compressor or spend more money and go with a screw. Every time the pressure drops I get a lube system failure alarm which is preventing the axis from moving or drives from being enabled.

I have heard some of the early Hardinge CNCs used an inordinate amount of air when the seals got worn. I had the collet closer on my HXL rebuilt with the spindle. Other issues and have not gotten it to run yet. Hardinge did build a new cylinder for it for a reasonable price, even though the machine was many years out of date.

Back