What's new
What's new

Hardinge Cobra 42 specs

smp4616

Plastic
I saw an ad on a local craigslist for a hardinge cobra 42 lathe, I have a haas tl-1 now, but could do a lot more with more tools like in the hardinge, does anyone know the specs for what the x travel range is? I know of some ongoing work I could get but it would involve turning about 10" diameter parts with a narrow section about 4" diameter, I can do it with the tl-1 but I have to replace the tool changer with a single tool holder at the moment.

I saw an ad on a local craigslist for a hardinge cobra 42 lathe, I have a haas tl-1 now, but could do a lot more with more tools like in the hardinge, does anyone know the specs for what the x travel range is? I know of some ongoing work I could get but it would involve turning about 10" diameter parts with a narrow section about 4" diameter, I can do it with the tl-1 but I have to replace the tool changer with a single tool holder at the moment.

I have NO idea if it is still "there", but several years ago I was able to download the manual, parts, and tooling option pubs for it from what I THINK I recall was a document repository on Hardinge's own website.

I don't HAVE one. I only needed to know more about some of the tooling out there, used market, for adapting to use on another lathe.

Back